Monday, July 16, 2007

Photography Quotes

I'm always on the lookout for good quotes that make me think, or just smile. Here are some I have run across that I feel are noteworthy....

Notable Photography Quotes:

"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" (Ansel Adams)

"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs" (Ansel Adams)

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you are not close enough" (Robert Capa)

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter" (Ansel Adams)

"While there is perhaps a province in which the photograph can tell us nothing more than what we see with our own eyes, there is another in which it proves to us how little our eyes permit us to see" (Dorothea Lange)

"Of all the means of expression, photography is the only one that fixes forever the precise and transitory instant. We photographers deal in things that are continually vanishing, and when they have vanished, there is no contrivance on earth than can make them come back again." (Henri Cartier-Bresson)

Some Humorous Photography Quotes....

"Buying a Nikon doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a Nikon owner." (Author Unknown)

"Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film" (Author Unknown)

"I have discovered photography. Now I can kill myself. I have nothing else to learn." (Pablo Picasso)

"They used to photograph Shirley Temple through gauze. They should photograph me through linoleum." (Tallulah Bankhead)

No comments: